Welcome to my website. I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. Please browse the links to find out more about me and what I do, or take a look at my papers. Or here are some ways to contact me.
Frequently asked questions
How can I get hold of your papers?
Why are you ignoring my e-mails?
Will you give me <sensitive datum x> from the experimental data described in your paper?
Can I have a blurb about you for a seminar/grant/GeoCities site about computer scientists whose names start with ‘T’?
Will you give me a reference?
I am an undergraduate student who wants to do a summer internship with you. Will you fund me?
I want to study Computer Science at St Andrews. Can you give me a place?
I would like to do a PhD with you. Can you give me a place?
I would like to do a postdoc with you. Can you give me a position?
Can you fix my computer?
News, notices and so forth
- We are running a summer school on reproducibility and methodology in CS research…
Our special issue of the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies on Privacy Methodologies in HCI is out!
- Congratulations to my student Iain for having one of the hottest papers in the Computer Communications journa…
- I spent yesterday at the Open Data Institute in London at a very interesting workshop about “Human-Data Interaction”…
- We have just started a new SICSA Cybersecurity group for those interested in (cyber)security/privacy/trust/etc…; sign up to the mailing list to keep informed.
- I am always looking for good PhD students – see my research page for more. Funding is sometimes available, but this will typically be advertised through the School. Note that I do not have funding for overseas undergraduate internships – the numerous requests that I receive for these are ignored.
- I am our School’s Undergraduate Admissions Officer. If you are thinking about studying Computer Science at St Andrews, please look at the relevant School web pages and consider visiting us.
- We hold regular SCONE (SCOttish Networking Event) meetings for anyone who is interested in networking and systems. Our next meeting is in Edinburgh on 2 June. Sign up to the mailing list to find out more.
- I am currently involved with the following events. Please consider submitting something or attending if you can.
- Poster Committee, SICSA PhD Conference, Glasgow, UK
- Programme Committee, Globecom 2016, Washington DC, USA
- Programme Committee, CHANTS 2016, New York, NY, USA
- Programme Committee, GAIA 2016, Salvador, Brazil
- Programme Committee, MOBIDATA 2016, Singapore
- Programme Committee, AOC 2016, Coimbra, Portgual
- Programme Committee, ICC SAC SN 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia